Custom Rubber Mixing
Mid-States Rubber produces all of its own compounds on a compuiter controlled compounding and rubber mixing system. Making all rubber compounds in-house means we have superior control, higher quality, lower cost, and greater consistency. This is a benefit to our customers since we are able to rapidly respond to customer's requirements. This is a significant advantage so that we can meet the demands of our customer's changing needs without incurring extra vendor processing time or costs.
Our custom rubber mixing process is supported by an on-site certified laboratory that formulates custom rubber compounds for each customer's application. Since we buy a substantial amount of raw materials, we can pass this reduced cost on to our customers by offering customized rubber formulations at very competitive prices. All of this translates into high quality, cost effective products.
The custom rubber mixing process begins with compound batches that are carefully weighed using electronic scales and a checking system to ensure batch consistency. Every step through this process is controlled through documented procedures maintained by the laboratory and issued each time a batch of compound is produced. Once the raw materials have been combined, they are mixed in our Banbury Mixer which employs advanced mixing technology for consistent and controlled rubber stock. Product quality is further enhanced by using stock blenders and our 100" mill. Finally, before being released to production, each batch of rubber stock is subjected to diagnostic testing by our on-site laboratory. Once the batch passes quality control, it is released into production.
We are continually working with customers to create individualized rubber formulations to manufacture products that meet the requirements of each application. Custom rubber mixing capabilities are another valuable service provided by Mid-States Rubber that sets us above our competition.
custom rubber mixing Specifications
- Compound and Mixing Equipment
- #11 Banbury Internal Mixer (1)
#4 Bolling Internal Mixer (1)
100" Mill (1)
42" Mills (3)
60" Mills (3)
Computer Controlled Compounding and Mixing System (1)
- Material Specs
- Butyl - weathering and ozone resistance
- CPE - weathering, ozone, oil and solvent resistance
- ECO - ozone, oil, solvent, and flame resistance
- EPDM - resistance to ozone, weather, and water
- Fluorocarbon - extreme heat, ozone, oil and solvent resistance
- Hydrin - oil and solvent resistance with good ozone and abrasion resistance
- Hypalon - ozone, oil, solvent, and flame resistance
- Natural Rubber - high resilience and good flexing qualities
- Neoprene - moderately oil and solvent resistant
- Nitrile - resistant to oil and gasoline
- PBR - resistant abrasion with high resilience properties
- SBR - general purpose polymer with good water and brake fluid resistance
- Silicone - excellent high temperature resistance
- Urethane - abrasion resistance
- Vamac - excellent heat and oil resistance with good resistance to ozone and weathering
- Thermoplastic Elastomers (TPE), TPR, TPU
- Quality Compliance
- TS 16949
- Industries Served